Saturday 20 April 2013

Module 4

I found this module really interesting and again got lost in time exploring these areas on the net.
I already use YouTube in the classroom as you can always find something to add to your lessons to engage the children. We were recently writing persuasive texts on whether animals
should be kept in captivity or not and used YouTube clips of people experiencing encounters with dolphins in the wild and in captivity. The clips sparked off great discussion and terrific debating
amongst  the children. YouTube, podcasts and videos give us the opportunity to bring the world into our classrooms and make learning real.
I found the Animoto site very easy to use but a fairly slow process however it was great to see the finished product.
I found some very useful clips and sites on School Tube and Teacher Tube and will definitely be using Storynory during our C.A.F.E. reading. I also loved the art lessons on Schools World TV.

No comments:

Post a Comment